The first experience on a recumbent bike is very different.
Some sit down on it and move off, as if they were never driven on a different
bicycle, because recumbents are today professional vehicles with enhanced driveability.
Others need a little time before they have become accustomed to sit back and put the feet up.
Additionally, you only need a healthy poise: Prying eyes and comments are unavoidable.
But the relaxed driving and fascinating ride provide coolness.
And anyone who thrilled for recumbent, rarely get rid of it.
here on the velodrom you can see the difference of long/short recumbent and top/below handlebar
And so succeeds the first test:
- select a traffic-free downhill road;
- tried the brakes during standstill, in order to come to a halt at any time;
- then lift your legs slightly from the ground, but under no circumstances up to the pedals;
- and then easy roll down the hill - that works always;
- oh: don't try curves or similar actions, the first training is only for balance;
- push back is no shame - perfect;
- afterwards you can sit back, put up your feet and drive a cool curve. At that you will experience, with a recumbent bike you don't fall down deep!